April 12, 2011 4 Comment
Several companies that I work with have great product ideas, but what they miss is great ideas for its commercialization. Here are a few things that you can start up with and you can always take professional help at the right stages.
1. Understand the current GTM (Go to market) strategies that you have defined and document each one of them
2. Do competitive research on ‘like’ competitors and on ‘direct’ competitors. You will be surprised at how much information you will be able to generate from this step. It is always good to learn, even if it is from your competitors
3. Based on the above 2, define the product STP down to the lowest level of detail, so that you can define an action and activity plan.
4. Give feedback to your product management team based on responses from your beta customers.
5. Finalize collateral sets, that will be required to engage with your target audience. Make it relevant for your defined target market.
6. Finalize commercial and engagement mechanisms. In operations, how is the sale going to happen and based on what pricing models
7. Finalize promotions plan, work on revenue and cost budgets
8. Formalize sales review mechanisms and prepare for objection handling.
Finally do remember that marketing is about consistency and not individual brilliance
Let me know your feedback