July 20, 2011 1 Comment
As I mentioned in my earlier post, white papers are increasingly being accepted as an effective marketing tool in the B2B world. So what are most important white paper ‘must-haves’ and what should it help you achieve as a marketer.
Here are some of my thoughts. Ideally, a white paper should:
- State a problem or issue,
- Discuss its relevance in the current ecosystem,
- Present different points of view on solving the problem and
- Propose a point of view/ solution.
- Your product or solution could be promoted subtly, but the paper must make an honest assessment of available alternatives.
A white paper should certainly not land up as another piece of sales collateral/brochure that goes hammer and tongs promoting your product/solution.
Once you have a high quality white paper and you can take it to your target audience, it is frequently a powerful source of inquiries. If not anything else, a good white paper helps portray you and your company as a thought leader on the topic and it definitely works in your favour.
These are just some of my views on most important white paper ‘must-haves’ Comments/Feedback welcome Top secrets to get your white paper to generate demand for you