There are several options for lead generations, but many choose Facebook. This is because Facebook has over 1.7 billion monthly active users. It means Facebook provides a major opportunity for marketers to share about their business and services.
In this post, let’s look at how to create effective Facebook Lead Generation Ads while ensuring these ads don’t fail and instead succeed.
A. How to create an effective Facebook Lead Generation Ad
An effective Facebook lead generation ad should cover all these essential elements:
- An appropriate and relevant image
- Text talking about your offer
- A great headline
- A proper call to action
To set up your ad, you will have to use the Facebook Ads manager which will help you choose your marketing objective. You will have several settings here like one to select your fan page, whether you want your ad to appear on mobile, desktop or both, setting your budget, schedule and an ad set name. You then go to the next step of choosing between a single photo or video, or multiple. The next step is to add your text, call-to-action and create your lead form. Facebook lets you ask for a variety of information. However, for more in-depth responses, you can also ask your own questions. Once you form is complete, go to the “Review Order” option to ensure your ad will appear the way you want. Then click “Place Order” once you are ready to publish your ad.
B. Reasons why your ads could fail
- You don’t know your target audience well: Your ad will most likely fail if you have not studied your target audience carefully. If the text and the images of your ad target young women, but your products are aimed at older women, the ad will fail. Knowing your customer well is extremely important.
- Your budget is weak: You have to set up a proper budget if you want your ad to work. Your budget of course depends on what goals you want to achieve. You will know your goals by testing continuously.
- Your offer is not strong enough: If you know your audience well, you can design your offer accordingly. If your audiences like crisp videos and you are giving them long documents to read, there are lesser chances of lead generation. You need to understand the type of content your audience responds to and create your offer accordingly.
C. How to ensure your ads are successful
If your ads could fail, you should know the ways to ensure how you can make them succeed, right? Here are some ways that could help:
- Have a proper Customer Relationship Management System
Once the leads are captured, you would want to grow your business and sell more products and services. Otherwise there is no point of just holding on to the bunch of names. You can have a strong a customer relationship management (CRM) system in place which will help you nurture and follow-up with the leads that you capture. There are many options available online and you can choose the best one that suits your needs.
- Do follow ups
Before you add your leads to your Facebook autoresponder, you will need to come up with a follow-up plan. Your follow-ups need to be relevant to the ad you sent out. If you offered some freebies, ensure that your list has received it.
- Use a combination of tactics
An effective marketing strategy makes use of a combination of tactics. You can use your social media channels to keep posting consistently, you can also put out content and nurture your list. Remember, Facebook lead generation is one aspect of your overall marketing strategy. You will have to combine it with some other techniques to ensure an effective strategy. Your leads may stay with you only if they see you active across different platforms.
Before you decide to create Facebook Lead Generation ads, you need to understand how the whole system works. If you are just a beginner in the field, you will have to pay attention to each step and have patience. But you surely do need to try out Facebook’s advertising features. You can learn a lot by actually trying it out!
Atul is Founder & CEO at Xenia Consulting. He has over 22 years of experience in marketing, across corporates as well as SME,start-ups. Over the last 5 years, he has gained significant expertise and has helped several companies drive growth leveraging digital marketing